Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Xmas in Bethlehem

Since November we have been celebrating Xmas…
Every morning, Marco jumps to the car, puts up the volume and listens to Xmas songs…
Today, as usual we were listening to the CD…
The CD is divided to two parts: Xmas songs and Xmas play…

In the play, the author explains to the children that Xmas is when we celebrate the birth of Jesus, Jesus who is born in a far away land in a city called Bethlehem…

And Suddenly, Marco turns to me and asks me: “Olo, how far is Bethlehem?”

Wow! What a surprise!

I told him Bethlehem is not far away, it is very close from here…

“Can you take me there now, I want to see where Jesus was born”, he said…

“We can not go there”, I said…

Why?, he asked

“You know Marco…Israel…

And suddenly he said to me…Ah! Because Israel bombed the bridges, we can not go there?

I didn’t know what to say...I was shocked...
but I was saved!!!
We arrived to school; he gave me a kiss and left with his teacher…

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

interesting post laury ... kisses to Marco :)

1:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home