Sunday, December 09, 2007

Inspiration from Amman

January 2007, I was in Amman…
I started the year with a group meeting aiming to create a platform for those who are sick and tired of the nonsense in the Middle East…

December 2007, I was in Amman…
I ended the year training Yemeni, Sudanese, Iraqi, Palestinian and Lebanese engineers how to communicate effectively under crisis…

January 2007, I was in Amman…
I was filled with confidence that borders and differences meant nothing; that bringing people together was the easiest thing on earth…
I was free, there were no limits to what I could imagine I could achieve.
My head was full of ideas chasing each other…
Words and images were competing to get a place in the special compartment in my head. In that compartment ideas get ready to be written on paper or on the blog.
It is that compartment that gives life to ideas, words and concepts…

December 2007, I was in Amman…
I was entrapped; I was surrounded by big egos…
My small cottage on the green hill was attacked…
The big egos just wanted to build a huge fence around my cottage to distort my vision…
They offered me a ride to their cities…”You may stay wherever you want in our cities”, they said
But their cities lacked color…
But their cities lacked nuances…
In their cities, life stopped blowing in the creation compartment of my head…
That was a sign of death…

I decided to go back to my cottage on the green hill…

They built a huge fence around my cottage…and I kept waiting for that phone call that never came through…

January 2007, I was in Amman…with deliciously terrifying feelings and a great vision
December 2007, I was in Amman…with deliciously challenging feelings and a great vision…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home