Sunday, December 02, 2007

Marco's achievement

I had promised myself not to write about the Annapolis Conference…

Annapolis will be mentioned in the history of the Middle East in one sentence…so why should I put an effort to write about it?

They met…Each group had its own agenda…and Peace was on the bottom of the list…

End of the story…

But 27 November 2007 will be a very special day for me…

On the same day of the Annapolis parade…my son Marco learned to write his name…

I can’t describe the joy and pride of seeing my little boy write his name…and the effort that he put to write it and the look of victory on his face after I clapped for the great achievement in his life…

For a second, I wished that I was clapping for the participants in Annapolis, for the great achievement of bringing peace to the Middle East…

For a second, I wished that the look of victory was on the faces of the participants in Annapolis…

But, within seconds... I cleared my mind…run to get the camera and take pictures of one of the greatest achievements that happened that day…

Marco, my son, wrote his name for the first time…on the day of the Annapolis fiasco…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home