Tuesday, November 06, 2007

TV night out

Tonight was my TV night out…
Husband not home…
Kids to bed…
Me in front of TV…
It has been ages since I had such a night…

October was an almost politics free month…
I refused to watch the news or read the newspapers…
They want to elect a president…they want to fight Israel…who cares…it has become a very boring Mexican soap opera…
No politics for a month…and my mood is getting better…

So, here I am sitting on my favorite sofa in my newly refurbished sitting room…
Remote in hand…Diet pepsi on my left…Heaven on Earth…

I start zapping…music channels…lots of half naked girls…good in acting…horrific voice…welcome to the music world in the Arab world…

Comedy channels…movie channels…talk shows…move on, move on… where is ARTE? I can’t find the channel…

And then I find AlHurra…the channel that was supposed to win the hearts and minds of Arabs…I stop…

Oh no!!! I am hooked…

Sam Mnassah, a Lebanese journalist, interviewing Gilad Shir (head of negotiation team in Camp David), Israel Hassoun (member of Knesset) and Jebril Rajjoub…

Nothing has changed since the last time I watched something political…They are still talking about Syria, if Bashar is sincere in calling for peace talks with the Israelis…still talking about the peace conference…

Boring…Boring…Boring…

I zap…I am becoming very sensitive…I can’t hear the words Bashar, peace, Israel in the same sentence…and add to the list Hezbollah…and I start itching…

I stop at MBC 4…they are showing “Commander in Chief”…
Ah! I have already seen that episode…in Iraq…I got the whole season one from Iraq…from Fadi in Ain Qawa…ah Fadi a very nice guy!!!

Then I thought!!...I like the Americans…
Why do you think they produced the series Commander in Chief?
They are just preparing the American public to the fact that maybe one day they will have a Woman president!!! Hello Hilary Clinton…

They are preparing the American public that it is normal to have a Woman president…she is capable of running the country; she is capable of defending the country, to take the right decisions!!!

The Americans!!! Great minds…

1 Comments:

Blogger Emil , Jerusalem said...

I must add, that Israel Hasson is a nice guy. I'd a honor to meet him. He is a brilliant speaker and may be a minister soon. He'd almost got a portfolio couple of month ago, but suddenly his Boss denied him. Nevertheless he is only serving a first term.

9:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home