Friday, November 09, 2007

Today I died

Today for the first time, I was unable to state loudly: “Yes I want to be another Margaret Thatcher, or Indira Ghandi, or Hillary Clinton”…

Today for the first time, I was unable to say: “Yes my aim is to get the Noble Peace Prize”…

Today for the first time, I was unable to declare clearly: “Yes I want to reach a point where I can influence people concerning the stupid conflict in the Middle East”…

Today the Hero in me died…

I wasn’t expecting it…I wasn’t prepared…

I saw a bullet coming towards me I never thought it will hit my soul…

It was a direct shot…straight to my soul…

Today I stand alone…

Me, the one that has to bury the hero…
Me, the one that has forgotten to protect her soul…

Today I stand alone…with the present that I have been keeping away from me…

Today, I only have that present, that stranger to deal with…

Today, while I have to mourn the hero in me and my soul, I discover that I am only an ordinary person that will have to accept that she will remain an ordinary person…

Not everybody is meant to be a hero…

Today…I raise the white flag…The most beautiful part of me died…

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not everybody is meant to be a hero .. but remember Laury ... your are not EVERYbody .. you are SOMEbody .. and your turn might come when you least expect it.

One night I had a dream, and someone who is supposed to be a professional dream interpreter told me that one day i will become a peacemaker .. and i started thinking, this might not be insane, peacemaking is very vivid in my character.

I hereby declare that i will pass you my dream .. and hope that one day you'll be one of the most influential peacemakers ever.

Good luck !

12:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh sorry Laury .. that was me who posted the previous comment .. Ali Chehade :)

12:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

today I died..

I just wrote someting called today I died and my chance I thought that I should check that nobody came up with line.
My respect for you and don't do it again, I have a short fuse.

10:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home