Thursday, October 05, 2006

Treadmill and Peace

Beirut, My TV Room, 5:30 pm

I am watching a Lebanese movie entitled ZOZO…

Zozo a Lebanese kid loses his entire family during the Lebanese civil war, however he manages to travel to his grandparents in Sweden…

Of course the integration is not easy…especially when the kid is missing his dead mom enormously…
Craziness of war, separation, new life, and hope; these were some of the messages of the movie…Yes it made me cry…I am a mom…I felt ZOZO was my son…

Beirut, The Gym, 7:30 pm

I am on the treadmill (walking machine) walking…walking…walking…haven’t started running yet…well I am still thinking about the film…and frankly I am a bit tired…

Then I asked myself (still on the treadmill) what is the point of walking on the treadmill?
What is the point in walking…walking…walking…walking…but remaining in the same spot?

Well doesn’t that remind you of peace activists in the Middle East!!??

Then I asked myself another question: if you were on a magical treadmill where would you like this “walk” (because with all these questions my performance on the treadmill was very slow of course) to take you?

If it is really magical, I want to go to Israel…

Beirut, My TV Room, 11:14 pm

I am back to my sitting room…I am watching TV…and guess what’s on Al Arabiya…A documentary on Leila Khaled…

For my readers in Pakistan, China and… Leila Khaled was a Palestinian terrorist for the West and Israel and a Freedom fighter for the Arabs…

Same same same same same old story…our tragic story in the Middle East…

And what do I think of her? Well of course I am not telling you…

But can you understand now, my obsession with the Middle East and Peace in this spot of the world?

If your answer is NO… you don’t understand… let me tell you…BECAUSE whatever we do, wherever we look, with whomever we talk…the Israeli-Arab conflict is always present in our daily life…In the newspapers, on TV, on the streets, in the coffee shops…

1 Comments:

Blogger Laury Haytayan said...

Thanks alot...I read the article...it is inspiring...Forgiveness is the highest form of Humane conduct...

12:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home