Monday, October 16, 2006

Arab Basic Instinct

When is it that you feel uncomfortable?
Why you feel uncomfortable towards something, whatever it is?




A few days ago I went with my husband for the premiere of “3imarat Yacoubian” the latest controversial Egyptian movie that depicts the political, social and cultural situation in Egypt and by extension in the whole Arab world…

It is a long film of about 3 hours…

3 hours of DISCOMFORT…well let me say 2 hours…because I couldn’t continue till the end…

This movie made me feel uncomfortable…I couldn’t sit straight on my chair…

You are wondering why? I asked myself the same question for the whole night…

Why?

Well, because I saw the reality of the ugliness in the Middle East…

The Middle East has become an UGLY place to live in…

Why?

Because the Middle East is being controlled by two obsessions: Religion and Sex

We will never be free, modernized, developed, creative, peaceful, and life loving until we free ourselves from these two instinctive obsessions….

Until then welcome to the Arab Basic Instinct: land of Religion and Sex

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home