Saturday, August 12, 2006

Sad Anniversary

A month a go on July 12 at 11:45 am, my husband asked me to get my son from the nursery because a friend told him that something bad might happen in the country. Today, on August 12, my son is not at the nursery, he is not in his house, he is not in his bed with 1 million other Lebanese that turned to refugees.
Today the UN Security Council adopted the resolution 1701 that they say is the best thing for all parties to end the aggression.
Today, the Lebanese government accepted the resolution.
Today, the IDF has intensified its military operations.
Today, I am still confused about the war.
Today, I am still wishing that this whole thing will turn out to be a nightmare.
Today, I am still cross with Sayyed Hassan Nassrallah.
Today, I do not trust the IDF and the Israeli government.
But today, after a whole month of destruction, killings and hatred I am still a strong believer in Peace.
I will do whatever it takes; I will go wherever I have to go to see peace prevailing in this region.

2 Comments:

Blogger shamrock said...

Laury,

This is so sad.

I don't understand why Israel agreed to the UN's cessation of hostilities, only to follow up with a brutal attack.

So it's supposed to end on Monday morning? So what will happen between now and then? Is it a race to see who can tally up the most "murders"? What about the families of the Hezbollah soldiers killed yesterday. So close to the end, yet more death and destruction. How many more casualities before Monday morning?

I will never understand war.

All the best to you and your family Laury. Let us hope for a ceasefire tomorrow morning, but then there is still the aftermath to deal with.

My prayers and thoughts are with you.

I have put a link to your blog on mine. I hope that's OK. Let me know if not.

All the best.

Karen

7:31 PM  
Blogger Yishay said...

Laury,

I hope a month from today finds you all back at home. I also wish this was just a bad dream. Unfortunatly, when we all wake up we'll see it wasn't - and there's a lot of mending to do.

I've quoted your posting verbatim on my blog - I hope that's Okay:

http://yishaym.wordpress.com/2006/08/14/a-voice-from-lebanon/

5:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home