Friday, July 28, 2006

My son and the war

Yesterday I woke up tired, sad and drained. I sat on the balcony trying to enjoy my morning coffee. My 3 years old son came to me he wanted to play; I sent him to my sisters. He came back to me and asked me why I was sad.
I looked at him and did not know what to say. How can I explain to my little boy what is happening in the country?

Where do I start from? 1948? 1956? 1969? 1973? 1975? 1982? 1996? 2000?

Whom to blame? Israel? Palestinians? The Arabs? The US? Syria? Iran? The Lebanese government? Hezbollah?

I took him in my arms and told him that I was missing his dad ( I havent seen him for 4 days because he was staying in Beirut for his work while we were hiding in the mountain).
“Mommy come lets watch Tiji” (french cartoon channel)... I thought that was the best remedy for the day; to switch off from the bitter news of the war...

Yesterday I spent the whole day watching the cartoon channel with my son.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home