Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Keep walking

November 2005, Shaqlawa, Kurdistan
At the end of 3 days training on Conflict Transformation, I asked the Iraqi trainees to imagine peace. How do they see themselves living in peace?

There was discomfort in the room!!!

One woman looked at me laughing she said: “I can not do this, I can not imagine peace. I don’t know what it means, I have never lived in peace in my life in Iraq.”

I was in tears. It was so sad and so painful to hear that.

September 2006, Internet, No Man’s Land
I received an email full of nostalgia.
I received a mail full of love and passion, full of freedom and liberty.
I received a mail full of desire for breaking stupid chains, meaningless restrictions.

These intense feelings are the fuel for my ongoing journey towards peace.

1 Comments:

Blogger Gab Ferneiné said...

hehehe I lovvvvvvvv sushi!!!!

6:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home