Thursday, August 31, 2006

Fake borders

The first time I visited Europe it was in the year 1987, I was only 12 years old. It was a 40 days bus trip from Beirut to France. Before that, in the year 1986 I visited by relatives in the US. I believe that these two trips shaped my personality… To be open to the outside world...

In 2005, I visited France this time at 30 years old. I was fascinated by the concept of “no-borders”, I was in Grenoble one morning and we decided my sister and I to go to Torino in Italy for launch. One night I was in Paris and we decided with a friend to go to Amsterdam…

Then, it struck me that the aim of global terrorism and the Bin Laden &Co is to stop people from getting together freely. They want people to stick to their given geographical territories; they want to prevent them from knowing the other and reaching the other and therefore hate the other. That is a diabolic plan!!!

Borders mean nothing. Countries mean nothing.

The only one that has a meaning is the human being.

2 Comments:

Blogger C-dell said...

Good for you seeing the world is the best thing to do. It opens you up to how varied our world is. When I am able I would like to travel the world. Check out my blog.

1:17 PM  
Blogger Élan Vital said...

Ya Laury, to state the obvious, borders only exist in our minds and on color coded maps.

8:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home