Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Open Forum

“Why don’t you find something else to do in your life?”
“Why you do this to yourself, doesn’t it make you frustrated?”

This is what my friend told me yesterday over coffee…She was talking about my work as a trainer on peacebuilding.

What peacebuilding is that, look around you…the last thing you want to be in this part of the world is a peace activist, she added.

Well, many times out of frustration I have said these things to myself, why I am doing this job? What for? Is my work effective? Is it reducing violence and hatred?

But when you are a peace activist, when you are in this
business of peacemaking the last thing you want to think of is surrendering to despair.

I want to know what is making other peace activists in this region not lose hope and keep up with the work.

I want other peace activists to send me their views, their stories, hints and tips. I want to show my suspicious friend the secret blend of peace activists for eternal hope for peace.

4 Comments:

Blogger Ben Heine said...

Dear Laury, thanks again for your touching testimony. I hope you'll continue your peace activism. It's nice to have added my url in your links page. Thank.
I'll certainly send you some cartoons from time to time relating to the Middle East issue.
Loads of kisses. B.

8:23 AM  
Blogger Laury Haytayan said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:22 PM  
Blogger Laury Haytayan said...

Hi Ben, dont worry I will continue in peace activism, it is just that sometimes I hear things that make me feel helpless and I requestion all my choices in this field...please send me ur cartoons, I have told all my freinds and family abt ur cartoons and ur blog...it is a great one that is why I wanted to added on my blog
kisses

12:25 PM  
Blogger Laury Haytayan said...

Hi jt, thanks alot for ur input and I too prefer peace activist than pacifist...i can go as far as peace fighters...

1:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home