Monday, July 31, 2006

Lina and Leah in Ceuta (part 1)

Since the start of the war 3 weeks ago, I have been thinking a lot about the future of the relationship between Lebanon and Israel. I am not talking about the Israeli government and the Lebanese government; I am talking about the PEOPLE.
Sometimes we forget that Lebanon and Israel are countries with populations.
I have decided to create a series of encounters between a Lebanese imaginary character that I will name Lina and an Israeli imaginary character that I will name Leah.

Today Lina and Leah meet for the first time by coincidence (you know that Lebanese are not allowed to talk to Israelis???!!!) in a remote country. What will happen between them? What will they say to each other? Will they enter into a fight or will they find common points?

Lina (to herself): Oh no!!! an Israeli in the neighborhood, I should avoid her. I don’t want to be in trouble with the government back home if they catch me talking with her. Look what they did to some many Miss Lebanon that were caught taking pictures with Miss Israel, even though I have a lot to tell her. I want to tell her that the almighty politics that they are using and imposing on everybody in the region is only harming Israel’s image. We want to live in peace, but Israel is always missing the opportunity. What shall I do? Shall I go and talk to her? NOOO…avoid her, avoid her.

Leah (to herself): Oh a Lebanese… this is my chance to tell her that not all Israelis agree with the IDF and the government in its policies towards the Palestinians and the Lebanese. And this is my chance to tell her that we want to live in peace with all of the Arabs but they want to throw us to the sea. We can not accept that. We have to defend ourselves. They told me not to talk to her or approach her, but why they refuse to talk to us, aren't we human beings? How can they treat us like that? Oh I am so angry.

Will Lina and Leah spend the week without talking to each other? Who will make the first move?

See you tomorrow with the adventures of Lina and Leah in Ceuta

2 Comments:

Blogger Nobody said...

you may find this thread interesting

http://jeansouc.blogspot.com/2006/08/how-lebanese-are-seen-by-israelis.html

7:14 AM  
Blogger Nobody said...

How the lebanese are seen by israelis

7:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home