Monday, October 03, 2011

Back from New York City

I arrived to New York City on Saturday, the day after the Palestinian Statehood Bid saga...

The hotel where I was staying was invaded by "security people", and black official cars and check stations...

The Indian delegation and other delegations among them the Lebanese President were staying at the hotel...

I left Lebanon with hours and hours of talk, analysis, expectations of the day after Abbas' speech and the Statehood Bid...

I arrived to NYC to where the main attraction was taking place...and no sign of action...

And the Statehood show was one of the bad performances of Broadway...

I spent an excellent week in NYC, the city that never sleeps...

I walked, I went sight seeing, I went to the Museums and I spent all my dollars on shopping, with a great smile on my face...

NYC is one of the cities where you keep smiling and where you feel happy...even though...people are demonstrating in Wall St accusing it to be the War St, and showing anger towards the 1% of America's rich people...

And I am back to Beirut...

To the same stories and conflicts... to life with stress and anger...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home