Monday, May 09, 2011

Back from Amman

Saturday evening, the plane to Amman took off...

The plane was full...my seat was comfortable...and I had 45 minutes to relax and take a nap before the big event on Sunday...

The plane landed... Haitham was waiting for me as usual...

On our way to the hotel...we saw a dozen of protesters chanting in favor of the Syrian people..."One, one, one...the Syrian people is one"...they were Syrians living in Jordan protesting in front of the Syrian embassy...

We passed by...the people of the Middle East are changing...

But these same people should stay strong and should remind themselves that they are strong and they toppled regimes...

They should not allow parasites from stealing their dreams and achivements...

I arrived to the hotel...we had a business dinner...

My Palestinian friend was not very enthusiastic about the Fatah-Hamas reconciliation and he looked at me with amazment when I declared that I supported Salam Fayyad...

But who cares what I think...it is the people...They decide...

Sunday morning, 9 am...I am anxious...

9:30 am... the conference room is full of MPs, CSO and media...I am excited...

2:00... the conference is over with huge success...

4:00...I am in my room...watching TV...nostalgic...

8:30 pm...the plane takes off to Beirut...

Once again I leave Amman with that same feeling of hope and deception...

However, I left Amman knowing that Amman is fine...Amman is safe, secure and strong able to overcome all troubles...

And, I know that I will be back to Amman again with the same hope...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home