Monday, November 29, 2010

Burn the History Book!

What can you say about a society that does not learn from its History?

What can you say about a society that thinks its History is just a novel?

What can you say about a society that has no respect for its martyrs?

It is not in vain that people are still dying in this country just for their beliefs...

Recep Tayyip Erdoğan showed up in Beirut...as the savior of the Sunnis...


Our prime minister did not asked him about the 400 years of Ottoman oppression  in this region...

He did not asked him to go to Down Town Beirut to salute the Martyrs killed by the Ottomans...

He did not asked him when will they admit that the Ottomans killed 1,500,000 Armenians...

Our prime minister Saad Hariri wanted to be seen with the new Sunni savior in pictures holding hands in hands as a sign of victory against Iran, Israel and Hezbollah...

Who cares about History?

History is about the past, it is old, it is rotten, it is something put in the archives of an old building in the middle of nowhere...

The scene of Erdogan in Beirut reminded me of my high school mates...they used to hate History classes...

 "C'est la corvee"...they used to say... at that time I used to laugh and used to give them my predictions to the questions that might be asked by the teacher in the exams...I was always 100% right...

But now it doesn't make me laugh...and deep down I feel guilty...I feel I am responsible for Erdogan's visit to Lebanon...

Maybe if I had not given the questions to my schoolmates, maybe they would have studied more their own History...maybe they would have reacted to the Turkish visit...

Maybe...

But the reality is that we will never learn from History, so why do we keep on teaching the kids history?

Next time my son comes home with a history homework, I will advise him to burn his book and notebook!

and to go out play football

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home