Tuesday, October 12, 2010

from past...to present...to future...through your eyes...

I am done with the book "Jerusalem"...it feels like emerging from the past...

As soon as i was back to the present... I looked around...I couldn't find you...

I went back to the past...to antiquity...to the shores of the Mediterranean...

I thought swimming in the Med-Sea could clear my thoughts and my views...and make me see things differently...and deep down I was looking for you...

I couldn't find you...

I came back to the surface...to the present...

I decided to stay longer in the present...I picked up a book from the shelves of the bookstore...

A recent book by Ziyad Clot... a French Palestinian lawyer who worked for a year at the Negotiations Support Unit in Ramallah on the refugees portfolio...

I just finished reading it this morning ( it took me two days to read it)...it brought me back to the harsh realities of the present...and took me to the future...

Clot was extremely intelligent in his approach...

He was able to criticize the Palestinian Negotiating Team, especially Saeb Ereikat at the same time he was careful in depicting the difficult situation the politicians were faced with...
 
This is the first book I read which is really blunt about the on-going, hidden complicity between the Israeli and Palestinian leaders and negotiators...

Clot was shocked at the beginning to discover the inner world of negotiations...but then...

This complicity made him realize that the future unites both Israelis and Palestinians...

They can only live in one STATE...

There... History is interrelated... They are stuck with each other...like it or not...

There is no point in creating a new state that will crawl back to its creator as soon as it is left alone...(this is my interpretation)...

This vision of the future is tempting...I see no point in dividing people and especially in this part of the world...

Our holy land is standing still to unite all the people of the world so why do we want to unite the whole world and separate our own people from each other?

That does not make sense...

What does a border mean to you?

Does it mean the end of the road?

Or...

It means a new beginning?

When you have the answer that suits you... you will know where you belong...

Either to a divided future or a united future....

I know where I stand...and I can see you now...but you are standing far away...I think I wont be able to reach you today...again...

So...I decided to sink in the past again to Ancient Roman Time...

I know you wont be there...but at least I will live with the hope that I might catch up with you in one of my trips to the present...knowing that for sure I will meet up with you in the future over the hill...and we both be looking down to the past that was once the present....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home