Thursday, August 26, 2010

Middle Eastern Symbolism

Today... I entered to my office with my cup of Starbucks coffee in my left hand...

I sat on my chair...I looked to the right side of my table...up on the glass wall...you read...

"No place for Turkish products in this office"...

I looked back at the Starbucks coffee on my table and looked again to the sign on that wall...

Wow...that scene is so full of Middle Eastern Symbolism...

Every single person born in this part of the world or intentionally decided to live in this part of the world has identity issues...I stress and insist on EVERY SINGLE PERSON...

So, if you haven't understood till now...and you haven't been able to connect the stories together to understand the symbolism of the story than...You are not Middle Eastern and you are a NORMAL person and it means I have to explain it to you...

I refuse to buy Turkish products because I consider every single product made in Turkey is blended with Armenian blood...my ancestors...

If I believe in such actions (boycott) then automatically I should refuse to buy Starbucks that is known to contribute much of its revenues to the Israeli Army and to Israel in general... because Lebanon and Israel are at war and because Israel has been attacking the Lebanese soil for so long...Well bottom line we are
enemies...

So, why do I still drink Starbucks? is it because I feel I am more Armenian than Lebanese?

I refuse that kind of interpretation... I am a proud Lebanese...

So, is Turkey my enemy and not Israel?

I refuse that kind of interpretation... I know very well that Israel is my enemy...

Well...I am a normal middle eastern person living in harmony with her identity issues...like many others in this region...
 
I live in peace with the several components of my identity...

And, to end this story with an intelligent comment...

I don't eat Turkish food but I know that I need to make peace with my enemy...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home