Saturday, October 30, 2010

The Conflict and I...we are united...

I have my story...I wrote down on a piece of paper on the plane on my way back home from Amman...

It is a story related to the conflict...but I decided not to publish it...

For many reasons...but it made me think...

Is it me who is always chasing the conflict or is it the conflict who is always chasing me?

What is it that I am looking for?

What is the conflict trying to teach me?

After all, I am living my life in all its details...I go to work, I produce, I joke, I laugh, I get angry, I go out, I drink, I love, I fantasize, I dream, I remember, I plan...

However, when I read...I go back to the past...

Does it have any significance?

It does have a significance...it is union...

I am trying to link the past to the present on my way to the future...

Uniting is the most sacred act...bringing people close to each other is what is life about...

When I was reading the book on Jerusalem, one of the information that I could not forget was that when David entered to Jerusalem he married a Jebusite (who were the inhabitants of Jerusalem)...and the offspring  of that mixed marriage was Solomon who was to build the Temple...

My interpretation and I might be very mistaken but it is what I understood from the whole story is that Solomon was the result of a union of two different people which made him eligible to construct the house of God...

Men and women are meant to unite to be able to create and keep the world going forward...

It is when you unite you get something new...

In the nineties, after years of division, the world was getting closer to each other and we were talking about the global village... We were close to unity...we were innovative...

What happened? Ben Laden decided to separate the people...and now we are back to square one...far away from each other...and nothing beautiful is happening...

Beauty comes only from unity...

So you see what I am looking for in the midst of this conflict? I am looking for signs of unity...

and the conflict is showing me the signs of division...

But despite that, the conflict and I are forming a union...which is creating all these beautiful writings on this blog...

No matter how you turn it in your head... Unity, union and derivatives of that word lead to beauty in creation, in inspiration, in thoughts, in actions and reactions...

This is the result of my trip to Amman...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home