Thursday, April 05, 2007

Nancy Pelosi in the Middle East

I just had a phone call from my sister asking me why I haven’t written a word on the blog since Sunday…

I was reflecting on Nancy Pelosi’s visit to the Middle East, well to be honest, I was trying to digest the idea that Pelosi decided to visit Syria and that she had “honest” talks with Bashar Assad…

Yes I am convinced that the only way to end the conflict in the Middle East and reach peace is through diplomacy, negotiations, dialogue etc, etc…

But when it comes to Syria I get upset and frustrated because Bashar Assad holds the Lebanese as hostage for his peace talks with Israel…

Well, Bashar Assad doesn’t want to hold peace talks with Israel…He wants talks only…

Peace, real peace, not another compromise or another settlement or another agreement will not come from Syria.

The end of the conflict will come definitely from Syria: they will sacrifice Hezbollah and Hamas…

But where will real peace come from?

Ah you are asking what is real peace?

It is the interaction between governments and people on both sides or on all sides…

Real peace is like the peace between France and Germany…

So, Nancy Pelosi visited Syria, she met with Assad…

Great, Olmert sent a message with Pelosi about "dying" to resume peace talks with Syria…

Great, Assad’s sham for peace talks with Israel has been transferred to Pelosi…

Of course we Lebanese are busy destroying each other and fighting each other to the point that we don’t have time for peace…

Again and again I say it…and I will keep on saying it…

We will be ON the table of negotiations between Israel and Syria if we keep ignoring that issue and if we keep on adopting the stupid strategy of being the last Arab country to sign a peace treaty with Israel…

And by the way, call me a fool or naïve or stupid or a dreamer…

It is only with Lebanon that Israel will have a “warm”, “real”, “hot” peace…

The Lebanese brain is the most competitive and most compatible to the Israeli brain…

And the future is for a competitive and compatible peace…

It is through Beirut and Tel Aviv that the Middle East will flourish…

Call me a fool...

1 Comments:

Blogger Emil , Jerusalem said...

Hi , Laury

Recently I've read the theory about the "people of a mountain" vs. "people of a desert" and their eternal antagonism.

When everybody will take more care of our nature - also making the peace will be easier.

Here is a link to my recent post about the spring in Jerusalem. Since I was off for Passover holiday - more posts (and comments) will follow by this weekend.

http://emil-jakubowicz.blogspot.com/2007/03/european-redbud-judas-tree.html

12:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home