Monday, December 15, 2008

Good-bye my friend

I didn’t mean to let go of my blog or to abandon it or worse to neglect it…

Every night I sit in front of my laptop trying to write something…but I fail...

I am looking forward to seeing Hillary Clinton replacing Condi Rice… It will always be interesting to see her in Beirut…

I have a lot to say about General Aoun’s visit to Syria…after all I was among the hundred thousands of people who demonstrated against the Syrians in 1989-1990 at Baabda…supporting the General in his battle against Hafez Assad…

I heard Jimmy Carter at AUB talk about his impressions 30 years after Camp David…I wasn’t impressed…

But I have a good reason for not willing to write…it is personal…but I will share it here…

I started blogging after I came back from Iraq…I wanted to write about the great people I met there…

Then the Summer 2006 war dragged me into another path…

Since then all I wrote was the result of the most extraordinary, inexplicable, beautiful, and limitless friendship…

For a year and a half…I was so inspired…I was creative…I was daring… my relationship with this amazing person gave the energy I needed to follow my dreams…

Then, like every other story…our friendship ended…without a proper good-bye…

Since February it has been difficult for me to continue blogging without my friend…

I am working on it…and soon I will find the force inside me to continue the journey alone…

Here, I say good-bye to my friend…

Here, I wish all the happiness to my friend…A dear person that I will always love and cherish…

And I will continue on my own…always dreaming of peace in the Middle East…

1 Comments:

Blogger Paloma Fra said...

Hi Laury:
Firstable to wish you, to your family and to Lebanon Merry Cristhmas and Happy new year.
I am very sorry about your friend but please continue writting about your thoughts, ideas and ilussions.
In some how to read about you makes me feel closer to all of you.
From Spain
Paloma

3:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home