Saturday, August 11, 2007

From Aqaba with love

Beirut…I love
Beirut…I adore
Beirut is in my blood…
Every time I travel my love for that crazy Beirut grows bigger…

But then again this week…Beirut had a competitor…

AQABA…

If you like the sea…Aqaba is the place to be…
If you like to dive…Aqaba is the place to be…
If you like to eat fish…Aqaba is the place to be…
If you like to know what it means to feel peace…Aqaba is the place to be…
If you like to take a look at Israel (look but don’t touch)…Aqaba is the place to be…
If you like to meet great loveable people…Aqaba is the place to be…

Ala’a thank you…

You made Aqaba feels wonderful to us…

P.S. for those who don’t know where Aqaba is: It is in Jordan on the Red Sea

4 Comments:

Blogger lisagoldman said...

Dear Laury -

And to think, I almost went to Aqaba last week too! How ironic... :)

I wanted to let you know that I finally wrote a long article in English about my week in Beirut. It is posted on my blog - here.

I would have sent you the link by email, but I cannot find your address.

Warm regards,
Lisa

5:04 PM  
Blogger Laury Haytayan said...

I enjoyed reading every bit of the article...
The Beirut you depicted is the Beirut that many want to destroy.
Beirut is a lively city with a strong soul, always rises from the ashes, you can not resist its charm.

And Mayrig!!! It is the best restaurant ever…and the owners are my friends (We grew up together) and my favorite dish is the “Armenian sweet and sour” the lamb cooked with sour cherries.
The Best!!!

1:29 AM  
Blogger lisagoldman said...

I'm so glad you enjoyed reading the article. And next time you see them, please tell your friends at Mayrig that they have a big fan in Tel Aviv.

5:09 AM  
Blogger Laury Haytayan said...

already done...when i read it, i was so excited that i couldnt stop myself...so i told them abt it...

and by the way i am always reachable on laurytheblogger@gmail.com

2:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home