Saturday, December 30, 2006


2006 had bad moments and good ones...
I started my year amongst Iraqis...good people that I am still in contact with...They were no more my Iraqi participants but my Iraqi friends...they thought me to believe in human beings...they thought me that years and years of fear and oppression cannot transform people into becoming bitter and suicidal...My Iraqi friends...I love you ...you showed me hope...
In May I decided to create my blog to share my views on Iraq and the Middle East with whoever is interested...well at that time I thought my audience will only be my family and close friends...but I never thought that I will have so many readers...Well the July war helped a bit...
The war was of surprise for everybody in Lebanon...We were expecting thousands of tourists not thousands of Israeli bombs...
The war was hard on all of us on both sides...But it was during this war that I had the courage to say whatever I wanted on my blog...without fears...
and it is during this war that a great relationship blossomed in my life...
September was another important date in my life...I got pregnant...for the second time...
I know that I share alot of personal events with you all...and I love that...eventhought that I dont know alot of you...
So I want to wish you all a happy new year...and thank you all for the support and for your comments on the blog...Thank you all my friends in Australia...you were the first ones to encourage me..thanks mark for having me on ur radio show....
thank you my friends in the Middle East...for all you comments and support especially during the war...
thank you all in Europe and the States and Canada...
thank you heloush and deedee for ur support and heloush for encouraging me to keep on writing...and deedee thanks for telling me when i sounded stupid in my writings and of course when i sounded intelligent (a few times apparently)...
and thank you for the one who was always inspiring me...eventhough she wont like it...she was and still is my muse...

I love you all and wish you the best for the year 2007...

3 Comments:

Blogger Emil , Jerusalem said...

>> I love you all and wish you the best for the year 2007

Dear Laury ,

Quoting the last sentence - everything is mutual.

Happy new year , and have an easy birth.

All the best ,
Emil

1:36 AM  
Blogger Laury Haytayan said...

Lynne and Emil...thank you for the warm wishes....

2:50 AM  
Blogger Poupita said...

Dear Laurita,
best wishes for a happy new year for you Zaven Marchito and the little one

Poupita

9:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home