Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Waiting for the Lebanese Godot

I have been cross with Lebanon for a while now…

The political situation is a disaster…

The economic situation is deteriorating so fast… you go to the shops the things that are missing are more than the things available…

Whatever you ask for…the answer is…we will get it soon… we don’t have it now…

People are all depressed…all are watching television…waiting when Hezbollah will decide to start its demonstrations…all are watching television…waiting when the civil war will start…

Is that a normal life?

It is NOT…

I am working on getting my immigration papers to Canada?

Yes I am…

But then again…

Today I was on my way to the Dutch embassy…I heard a “patriotic song” on the radio…

It reminded me how much I love this country…

Then I realized that I am cross with the Lebanese POLITICIANS…I am not angry with the people, I am not angry with the Lebanese soil…

They are destroying the country…and I am not the only one to say that…

So the question is what are we going to do?

The Civil Society that is the silent majority, minority I don’t know…but the Civil Society is watching, despairing…letting the others decide where to take the country…

Maybe we the Civil Society that is not politicized (meaning not affiliated to any political party) should go on demonstrations… against all…against 14th of March, against 8th of March (the majority and the opposition…this is how they call themselves)

We should demonstrate…to tell them enough is enough…what you are doing is disgusting…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home